Pecan Praline Cheesecake is brought to you by Relish!. Looking for more? Get their Complete Thanksgiving Plan with Menu and Shopping List, available on Cozi.
The great thing about this dessert is that you can make it ahead of time so all you need to do on Thanksgiving day is present it!
Pecan Praline Cheesecake
Prep Time: 60 minutes | Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cups chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 24 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- PRALINE TOPPING
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- To prepare the crust: combine the crumbs, sugar and butter in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly. Press onto bottom of 9-inch spring form pan, chill.
- To make the filling, combine pecans and butter: spread evenly on baking sheet. Watching carefully, toast at 350 degrees until golden brown. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar and flour. Beat until light. Add eggs, 1 at a time, blending well after each. Stir in vanilla. Reserving 1/4 cup of the pecans for the topping, add remaining pecans to filling mixture.
- Pour filling over crust and bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes. Turn oven off and allow cheesecake to cool in oven for 30 minutes. Loosen cake from rim of pan. When cake has cooled to room temperature, remove the rim.
- To prepare topping: combine sugars, cream and butter in a small saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring until sugars dissolve. Cook over low heat to just under the softball state, or approximately 225 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Immediately remove from heat and cool slightly. Add vanilla and stir until creamy. Sprinkle reserved pecans on top of cheesecake and drizzle praline mixture over the pecans. Refrigerate at least 8 hour before serving.