Chili mac is a quick and hearty one-dish meal of beef, beans, tomatoes, cheese and spices. For extra flavor, add a generous teaspoon of Italian seasoning and some salt and pepper.
Prep Time: 35 minutes | Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (add more to taste)
- 1 14-ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional: 1/2 cup diced onion
- In large skillet, cook ground beef and onion (optional) until beef is no longer pink and onions are softened.
- Add minced garlic, chili powder, beans, tomatoes, macaroni and water.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until macaroni is tender.
- Add cheese and cover for two minutes until melted. Serve immediately.