Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes is brought to you by Relish!. Looking for more? Get their Complete Thanksgiving Plan with Menu and Shopping, available on Cozi. Mashed potatoes aren’t hard to prepare, and they can even be made ahead and rewarmed right before the Thanksgiving feast gets underway.
Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Cook Time: 20-25 min
- 4 1/2 pounds new potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil; add 1 tablespoon salt, and cook until potatoes are very tender when pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain; place in a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher, then add buttermilk and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Mash until smooth and combined