How to add an iCal feed to Cozi
Keep up with your work calendar, school calendars, favorite sports team schedules, and more by adding an iCal feed to Cozi.
What is an Internet calendar?
An internet calendar is a read-only calendar that’s published on the internet and can be shared, accessed, and viewed by a website such as Cozi. Different types of internet calendars include:
- Holiday calendars
- Religious calendars
- Work calendars
- School calendars
- Sports team schedules, social groups, and other organizations
- Calendars from sites such as Google Calendar and Outlook 365
When you add an Internet calendar to Cozi, you can view these events in your Cozi calendar alongside your other family appointments.
Adding an Internet calendar to Cozi
To find out if a particular organization, such as Major League Baseball, publishes an Internet calendar, check their website. There are also several websites that list public Internet calendars, such as iCalShare.com.
If you or your family are using other calendars such as Google or Outlook, see Using Cozi with other calendars.
Note: You can only add an Internet calendar to Cozi from your desktop.
- Look for a link or button that says Download, iCal, Apple iCal, or iCalendar. Some websites may display the full URL directly on the website.
- Move your mouse cursor over the link or button (but don’t click it!), and then check your browser’s status bar to view the URL. If the URL ends in “.ics”, then you’ve found the calendar URL.
- Right-click the link or button that displays the URL of the calendar you want to add to Cozi.
- After you’ve right-clicked the link or button that displays the URL, a menu will appear. Click Copy Link Address.
Note: If you click a link or a button containing an Internet calendar’s URL, the calendar may open. If this happens, close the calendar or message prompt, return to the website containing the Internet calendar’s URL, and make sure to copy the link instead of opening it.
Step 4: Paste the calendar URL into Cozi
From a desktop browser:
- Sign in to your Cozi account on a desktop or laptop computer.
- From Settings, choose Connected Calendars then ADD A CALENDAR FROM A URL
- Paste the URL for your private calendar URL into the text box and click Next.
- Select which family members should be subscribed to the calendar and click Save.
- You can now view Google Calendar appointments in Cozi!
From the Cozi mobile app:
- Open your Cozi mobile app.
- Go to Family and tap on Family Settings.
- Tap on Manage calendars and Add new calendar.
- Paste the URL you copied in the previous step and tap on Save.
Step 5: View calendar events in Cozi!
You can now see this calendar’s events in your Cozi calendar alongside your other family appointments.
To delete this iCal or assign it to someone else in your family, go to your Settings to view or manage all your calendars.
Note: all iCal feeds are view-only and the events from them cannot be edited in Cozi.
More Getting Started Guides