Getting started with Internet calendars
Reviewing events on your Cozi calendar
Managing your Internet calendars
Sharing your Cozi appointments as an Internet calendar
Some appointments are missing in your shared Internet calendar
People and organizations often share information, such as school schedules, national or religious holidays, sporting events and personal schedules, as Internet calendars. You and your family members might keep additional Internet calendars. You can add these Internet calendars to your Cozi account so that you can view all these different calendars in one place. You can also share your own calendar appointments as an Internet calendar. Use these help pages to get started:
Because Internet calendars that you add to your Cozi calendar are created and managed by third-parties, you cannot edit any of these events in Cozi. However, any changes made to Internet calendars you’ve added to Cozi will automatically be reflected in Cozi, usually in less than an hour. You can add or remove Internet calendars from Cozi at any time.
Note that Internet calendar events will appear on your online Cozi calendar (as well as your Cozi Collage, any Family Calendar gadgets or sidebars you have installed, and printed versions of your calendar) but will not appear in any Outlook calendars that you sync with Cozi.
After you have added one or more Internet calendars to your Cozi calendar, you can manage them from the Activity schedules and Internet calendars page:
- From your Cozi Calendar, click Set up then Activity schedule / Internet calendars. OR
- Click Settings in the left column of the Home page, and then click Calendar. On the Customize your calendar page, click Schedules/calendars.
When the Activity schedules and Internet calendars page displays, you can select from various options: School, Childcare, Sport, Carpool, Club or other activity.
Cozi allows you to share all the appointments for a specific family member, or for your whole family, as an Internet calendar. This can be useful if one of your household members manages their personal calendar in a separate calendar application, but still wants access to their family appointments in Cozi. You also might find this useful for sharing, say, a child’s schedule with someone such as a grandparent, a divorced parent, or a childcare provider.
- Go to the Calendar Sharing page. You can reach this page from your Cozi calendar by clicking Set up, then Share appointments.
- Find the family member whose appointments you would like to share. Click the Not shared link that appears next to their name, and change this to Shared.
- Cozi will create a unique URL that be used to access the appointments for the indicated family member. Click Send URL to send this URL to the person (or people) you want to share with. The recipients will receive instructions for entering the URL into an online calendar such as Cozi, Google Calendar, Apple iCal, or Microsoft Outlook.
Appointments shared this way are read-only, and cannot be modified outside of Cozi. Whenever you update shared appointments in Cozi, the people you are sharing with will automatically see the changes. Depending on which calendar application they use, it may take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours for the changes to appear.
See these help pages for more information on finding and adding specific types of Internet calendars:
Shared calendar feeds will only include appointments that have been entered directly into Cozi. Read-only appointments from Internet calendars, such as a school calendar, will not be included in the shared feed. Or, if you're syncing your Outlook calendar to Cozi, appointments being synced to Cozi from Outlook will not be included in the shared feed.
Question not answered here? Find answers to other frequently asked questions.