Cranberry Sauce with Apple is brought to you by Relish!. Looking for more? Get their Complete Thanksgiving Plan with Menu and Shopping List, available on Cozi.
This easy peasy cranberry sauce fits in perfectly on your Thanksgiving dinner table!
Cranberry Sauce with Apple
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 1 large apple, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dices
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- Line an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap and spray the plastic wrap with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries (take out 6-8 cranberries for garnish) with the apple, sugar and water. Bring to a boil and cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently until the cranberries are completely broken down and the sauce is very thick, about 15 minutes.
- Scrape the cranberry sauce into the prepared pan and refrigerate until chilled, about 3 hours. Invert the jelly onto a serving plate and remove the plastic wrap. Place the reserved cranberries on top of the mold. Slice with a serrated knife before serving.