This is the Grand Prize winner in the Cozi No-Fail Dinner Recipe contest! This dish is simplicity itself: Two all-natural ingredients, the simplest preparation instructions imaginable, and the kids LOVED it. (Recipe submitted by Candy Tai)
Cozi Classic Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour | Yield: 4-6 servings
- 3-4 pounds chicken parts (8 pieces)
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Briefly run chicken pieces under water to rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Drizzle olive oil on bottom of a roasting pan. Thoroughly rub chicken pieces with olive oil to coat. Sprinkle both sides of chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Place chicken pieces with skin side up in the pan.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 400 F. Lower oven temp to 350 F and cook for 15-30 minutes more or until juices run clear (not pink) when poked with a sharp knife or the internal temperature of the chicken breasts is 170 degrees F.
- Optional: To brown chicken pieces, place under broiler for 7-10 minutes of cooking.
- When chicken is done, remove from oven and tent with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving