White Chicken Chili was a dinner recipe selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. Join the Dinner Club to get dinner ideas delivered to your inbox, members-only giveaways and more.
Thanks to Dinner Club member Cindy B. for sharing the recipe! She says it's great for family dinner because... the kids eat it!
White Chicken Chili is super flavorful, and a keeper for weeknight dinner. This one is also great the next day, so it works as a make-ahead meal.
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken breast meat, diced
- 2 7-oz cans dice green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 cans northern white beans, drained
- 5 1/2 cups chicken broth (3-4 cans)
- 1 jalapeño, diced (if you like it hot)
- Heat the oil in a very large saucepan or soup pot. Sauté the onion and garlic until onions are soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with flour tortillas, sour cream, black olives and avocado.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.