Poached Eggs in Salsa was a selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. Join the Dinner Club to get dinner ideas sent to your inbox.
From the author:
"My twin daughters adore this recipe. So simple that is routinely makes it to the table at least once a week. Best of all, it is gluten-free and vegetarian, so I can feed my family and friends."
submitted by Jean Layton
You'll get a complete dinner meal in 10 minutes with these salsa poached eggs. Just poach the eggs in hot salsa, top with cheese, and serve with tortillas.
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 jar (12 oz) salsa (choose your favorite variety)
- 6 eggs
- shredded cheese of your choice
- Warm tortillas in the oven or microwave and wrap in towels to keep warm.
- Heat salsa in a shallow pan until small bubbles form.
- Crack in eggs.
- Cover pan and let the eggs poach in the sauce until done.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese during the last minute or two.
- Serve on warmed corn tortillas with guacamole, sour cream and salad, if desired.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.