Homemade Vegetable Soup is a dinner recipe selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. Join the Dinner Club to get dinner ideas delivered to your inbox.
Make homemade vegetable soup for your own family in less time than you think. It's even better the second day so prepare it a day or two ahead for a super-quick meal.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 cup chopped fresh green beans
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (can use frozen corn)
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil, add onion and celery, and saute until soft but not browned, about 5-10 minutes. Add garlic and cook two minutes more.
- Add the broth, water, tomatoes, carrots, potato, green beans and corn. Season with salt and pepper
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in cream and lemon juice, if using.
- Serve with crackers or bread.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.