Cozi Classic Chicken was a dinner recipe selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. Join the Dinner Club to get dinner ideas delivered to your inbox and free tools to plan them.
From the author:
"This is absolutely the easiest go-to recipe for those rushed weeknights when you've got zero motivation or imagination on what to make for dinner. The best part? It can all be made in one shallow roasting pan or baking dish!"
submitted by Candy Tai
Cozi Classic Chicken is the grand prize winner of the our Go-To Dinner Recipe Contest! This recipe, which was the simplest, was also the one voted best-tasting by our kid taste-testers.
- 3-4 lb chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- olive oil
- ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towels.
- Drizzle olive oil on bottom of a roasting pan or baking dish.
- Thoroughly rub chicken pieces with olive oil to coat, then sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken pieces in the pan, skin side up.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 350° F and cook an additional 10-25 minutes, or until juices run clear (not pink) when poked with a sharp knife or the internal temperature of the chicken breasts is 170° F.
- Optional: To brown the chicken, place under broiler for 7-10 minutes of cooking.
- When chicken is done, remove from oven and tent with aluminum foil. Let rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.