submitted by Donna Bush
Burrito pie one-dish recipe with ground beef or ground turkey, taco seasoning, refried beans, cheese and tortillas. Great for serving a large group or make half the recipe for family dinner.
- 2 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 2 packets taco seasoning (plus water per packet instructions)
- 1-2 cans (2 oz) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes
- 12 oz taco sauce
- 2 cans (16 oz each) refried beans
- 12 8-inch flour or corn tortillas
- 16 oz shredded cheese
- Optional: enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Meanwhile, saute meat in a large skillet for 3-5 minutes. Add onion, garlic, taco seasoning and water. Saute an additional 3-5 minutes. Drain any excess fat.
- Mix in olives, chilies, tomatoes, taco sauce and refried beans. Stir mixture thoroughly, reduce heat to low, and let simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Spread thin layer of meat mixture in 4-quart casserole dish (or deep 9X13 pan). Cover with layer of tortillas, then more meat, then cheese. Repeat layers until all tortillas are used, topping off with a layer of meat, enchilada sauce (if using), and then cheese.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.