Bacon Cheddar Apple Frittata was a selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. Join the Dinner Club to get dinner ideas sent to your inbox.
From the author:
"A favorite around our house, which meets all nutritional and palate needs. We have a diabetic and gluten intolerant eater as well as a avery picky 6-year-old. This fits the bill for both of them! An dit only takes about 10 minutes to make, which fits my needs."
submitted by Greta Jensen
An economical, one dish dinner recipe made with eggs, bacon, cheese and apples. For the vegetarian version, simply leave out the bacon.
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced thinly
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp water
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 strips precooked bacon
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a 10-inch oven-proof skillet.
- Add apple slices and sauté approximately 12 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites and water until frothy. Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Place bacon strips on top of apples.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook 2 minutes, or until bottom and sides are set. Resist the urge to stir!
- Carefully transfer skillet to broiler and cook, 6 inches from heat, for 2–3 minutes or until top is set.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.