Lists and Calendars
Need a party planner for your child's bithday? Whether you start 4 months before the big day, throw it together in 2 weeks, here is a list of things to do to throw a successful birthday party.
Use the list as is, or save it in your free Cozi family organizer so you can add to do items to the calendar, make a shopping list for supplies, and see it all on your iPhone or Android phone to get things done on the go.
Kids' Birthday Party Checklist
- SIX WEEKS BEFORE
- Choose a theme with your child
- Determine the guest list
- Reserve your party venue or hire a party entertainer
- FOUR WEEKS BEFORE
- Prepare your invitations
- Ask for an updated class list from your child’s teacher
- Determine games, activities and menu to match your party theme
- If ordering a cake, place your order
- THREE WEEKS BEFORE
- Mail invitations
- Purchase party supplies, especially if ordering on-line
- Arrange for extra help, if necessary
- ONE OR TWO WEEKS BEFORE
- Create a party flow schedule
- Purchase more party supplies as needed
- Call families who have not yet responded to your invitation
- THREE DAYS BEFORE
- Purchase food
- Purchase batteries for camera
- Charge video camera
- Call entertainer to confirm appearance and expectations
- Call party venue to confirm all details
- Assemble party favors
- ONE OR TWO DAYS BEFORE
- Bake cake or pick up pre-ordered cake
- Confirm help if using extra help
- Decorate home or gather decorations for party venue
- Prepare make-ahead food
- ONE WEEK AFTER
- Send thank you notes!
See more shopping and to do lists in the Cozi List Library.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.