Cozi shopping lists
Getting started with shopping lists
Adding items to a list
Crossing items off a list
Printing or sending a list
Retrieving lists from your mobile phone
Creating, renaming, selecting, managing, and deleting lists
To do lists
Cozi lets your family manage shopping lists from any computer or mobile device, and retrieve shopping lists from your mobile phone while you're in the store. Plus, you can send a shopping list to any family member via text.
Your first list is visible on your home page. To access other lists, click Shopping in the left column, or click anywhere in the Shopping List area on the home page.
On the Shopping page, you can add to, delete, and manage your lists.
To add an item, select a list, type an item, and then press Enter.
To move items within a list, drag the item you want to move, and drop it where you want it to be displayed. Note: Dragging and dropping a list item to move it is not supported in Internet Explorer version 9.0 and higher. To organize your list items, you must use a browser other than Internet Explorer version 9.0 or higher.
If you’d like to create categories within a list, type the category header using all capital letters. For example, if you would like to organize your shopping list by type of food, you could add categories like PRODUCE or DAIRY. Once you’ve added categories, you can add items to previous categories by entering the item at the bottom of the list, and then dragging and dropping it to the correct category.
- To cross off individual items, click just to the left of the item. You'll see a check mark appear next to the item, as well as a line running through the item.
- To cross off and remove everything on a list, click Remove at the top of the list, and then click Clear everything off this list.
- If you’d like to keep a master list of frequently purchased items, you can cross off items you don’t need to purchase in a particular shopping trip, but then uncross them to add them back to the list. To uncross a crossed out item, just click to the left of the item.
When you're ready to go to the store, you can quickly print any list by clicking Print at the top of the list. Or, to send a list to a family member via text, click Phone at the top of any list, and select the correct recipient.
You can also use your mobile phone to request that any shopping list be sent to you while you're out and about. In the U.S. and Canada, text SHOPPING to 22694 (BCOZI) to have your list sent to your phone via text. Message and data rates may apply.
For additional details, see Mobile access overview.
You can create new lists, change list names, change the order lists appear, and delete entire lists:
- To create a new list, click Lists at the top of the Shopping page, then click New List.
- To rename a list, click the list's name at the top of the page (say, "Wholesale"), and then type a new name.
- To select a different list, click Lists at the top of the page, then click the name of the list you want to view.
- To change the order lists appear, click Change at the top of the list, then Organize Shopping Lists. On the Organize your lists page, drag a list and drop it in the desired order. The first list will appear on your homepage.
Note: Dragging and dropping a list to change the order of lists is not supported in Internet Explorer version 9.0 and higher. To organize your lists, you must use a browser other than Internet Explorer version 9.0 or higher.
- To delete an entire list, click Remove at the top of the list, and then click Permanently delete this list.
Question not answered here? Find answers to other frequently asked questions.