This recipe was created by Chef Tom Colicchio, owner of Craft restaurants and James Beard Foundation Award winner, and Chef Maria Hines, chef/owner of Tilth restaurant in Seattle and also a James Beard Award winner. Serve it with Shredded Carrot, Apple and Raisin Salad and Panna Cotta with Orange Segments.
Beef and Vegetable Stir Fry
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Yield: 6 servings
- hot sesame oil
- regular sesame oil
- 1 1/2 pound beef round, slice thin
- 1 cup broccoli florets, blanched
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup button mushrooms. sliced thin
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 cup onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 cups brown rice
- Heat hot sesame oil and regular sesame oil in a pan. Brown the sliced beef on all sides. Then add then add the remaining ingredients (except for rice) and saute until vegetables begin to soften.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Typically, use 3 cups rice and 3 1/4 cups water.
- Serve beef stir fry over rice.