From the author:
"This is our quick, healthy, protein-packed, one-pot, go-to recipe in winter. My kids love the sweet taste and enjoy sprinkling Parmesan cheese on top. My daughter dislike tomatoes, but will eat them in this dish!
submitted by Janelle
Here is a nice chili made with ground turkey, beans, tomatoes and the usual chili spices. Serve this protein-packed recipe when you need a hearty family dinner meal.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped green pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 large can (28 oz) dice tomatoes, not drained
- 1 can (15.5 oz) cannellini beans
- 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans
- optional: grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan.
- Add onions, garlic and green pepper and saute over medium-high heat until softened.
- Add ground turkey, cooking until brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. You may need to add a small amount of water to adjust the thickness, especially if you decide to drain and rinse the beans to decrease the sodium.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.