White Chicken Chili is super flavorful, and a keeper for weeknight dinner. This one is also great the next day, so it works as a make-ahead meal. Thanks to Cindy B. for sharing the recipe! She says it’s great for family dinner because… the kids eat it!
White Chicken Chili
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 1 hour | Total time: 1 hour 10 min | Yield: 6 servings
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken breast meat, diced
- 2 7-ounce cans dice green chiles
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 cans northern white beans, drained
- 3 14-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 jalapeno, diced (if you like it hot)
- Heat the oil in a very large saucepan or soup pot. Saute the onion and garlic until onions are soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with flour tortillas, sour cream, black olives and avocado.