Tuscan Soup is a simple mixture of Italian sausage, potatoes, evaporated milk and lots of spice. Add spinach or kale at the end for extra veggies.
Warm-Your-Soul Tuscan Soup
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 32 oounces chicken broth
- 12 ounces evaporated or condensed milk (Do NOT use sweetened condensed milk.)
- 6-8 red potatoes, diced
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning (or a blend of dried basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, sage)
- Salt or garlic salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- optional: spinach or kale, chopped
- Cook the sausage in the same large stew pot you’ll use to cook the soup, drain excess fat and return sausage to pot.
- Add the chicken broth and evaporated milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat so soup simmers. Add potatoes, onions, seasoning, salt and pepper.
- The soup is done when the potatoes are cooked through, about 20-30 minutes. If using spinach or kale, add during the last few minutes of cooking.