An easy vegetarian dinner meal made with carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, onions and teriyaki sauce served over rice.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Yield: 3 servings
- 2-3 cups white rice
- 3-4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced or diced
- 1 jar teriyaki sauce
- optional: 1 tomato, chopped
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet and saute onion until softened slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and saute another 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and saute another 2 minutes.
- Add tomato and saute another 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 – 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce to taste, stir to coat all vegetables and warm through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over hot rice.