Here is a nice chili made with ground turkey, beans, tomatoes and the usual chili spices. Serve this protein-packed recipe when you need a hearty family dinner meal.
Sweet Turkey Chili
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes | Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 large can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) cannellini beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans
- optional: grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan.
- Add onions, garlic and green pepper and saute over medium-high heat until softened.
- Add ground turkey, cooking until brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. You may need to add a small amount of water to adjust the thickness, especially if you decide to drain and rinse the beans to decrease the sodium.