Sloppy Joes are the perfect crowd-pleaser, whether it’s a typical family dinner or a slumber party for the soccer team. The ingredients are simple and these can be ready in 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 25 minutes | Yield: 8 servings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 6-8 hamburger buns
- FOR SAUCE:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Brown the meat in a saute pan.
- Remove meat from pan and set aside.
- Heat oil in the pan and saute the onions over medium-high heat until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Return meat to the pan with the onions.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add sauce to the pan with the meat and onions.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Pour over toasted hamburger buns and serve.