Here’s a side dish salad made up of all kid-friendly ingredients: carrots, apples, and raisins.
Shredded Carrot, Apple & Raisin Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Yield: 6 servings
- 1 bag whole carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup raisins, soaked in hot water
- 2 apples, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Peel carrots and apples and shred with a box grater. Soak raisins in a small amount of hot water and set aside.
- Slowly whisk the buttermilk into the cider vinegar to emulsify and season with salt and pepper.
- Right before serving, remove the raisins from the water and add to the shredded carrots and apples. Toss with the vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper and serve.