This dinner meal is an easy tilapia dish that cooks in under two hours in the slow cooker. It goes great with a side of baked potatoes.
Lemon Pepper Tilapia with Asparagus
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 2 hours | Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 bundle asparagus
- 4-6 tilapia filets, frozen or thawed
- 8-12 tablespoons lemon juice (juice from 1/2 lemon for each filet)
- lemon pepper seasoning
- 2-3 tablespoons butter (1/2 tablespoon for each filet)
- Rinse asparagus spears in cold water and break off ends, about 3/4 of the way down. They should snap naturally when bent. Divide the asparagus into equal amounts per filet.
- You will need a piece of foil per filet. Place one filet in the middle of foil and season with lemon pepper seasoning (approximately 1 teaspoon) and add half the juice of 1 lemon (approximately 1-2 tablespoons), then add half tablespoon of butter.
- Top filet with the divided asparagus.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the fish and then fold the ends of the foil to form a packet. Your fish and asparagus should be completely wrapped up in the foil.
- Repeat the process until the fish filets and asparagus are all wrapped in individual foil packets.
- Place packets in the slow cooker (it’s okay if they are stacked on top of each other). Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 – 2 hours if fish is thawed or cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 – 3 hours if fish is frozen.