Chicken Marbella is a classic, elegant dish that you can get on the table in no time by starting the marinade the night before. Feed a crowd with this recipe, or cut it in half or 1/4 for a single family dinner.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Yield: 12 servings
- 12 oounces pitted, bite-sized dried plums
- 1 3.5-ounce jar capers
- 1 0.5-ounce bottle dried oregano
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup pimento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl or zip-top freezer bag. Add chicken pieces, turning to coat well, then cover or seal.
- Chill for 8 hours (overnight is best), turning chicken occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Arrange chicken in a single layer in one or two 9X13 baking pans.
- Pour marinade evenly over chicken, then sprinkle evenly with brown sugar, and pour wine around chicken pieces.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, basting frequently.