Big Peas and Little Peas is a fun name for a side dish veggie. And if the kids choose to eat just one of the two types of peas, that’s okay, they’re still eating peas!
Big Peas and Little Peas
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 4 minutes | Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound frozen peas, defrosted
- Salt and pepper and a grating of nutmeg
- Fresh mint, parsley, or chives (optional)
- Remove the tips and tails from the sugar snaps, and if they have a string, pull that off as well.
- In a medium pot, bring the water to a boil, adding the pat of butter. Throw in both kinds of peas, cover with a lid, and boil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain the peas and season very lightly with salt and pepper. Toss with the herbs and nutmeg. Serve right away.