5 Websites to Help You Figure Out What to Eat
This week a popular website called Babble announced it’s top 100 food mom bloggers. It’s a comprehensive list of the mom blogger food sites that have managed to catch the Babble editors eye. Yippee. Not.
See, while this sounds good in theory, most busy parents don’t have time to check out 100 of anything. Even if it’s something they really want to know about.
That’s why when we were working on our own best of web list, Cozi limited the pickings to just FIVE sites that busy families should check out. We call them Cozi Family Faves, and you can find them right here. And, we’ll be making new selections every month of sites that help families in different ways.
This month is all about food. Here are our picks:
- Easy, practical, all-American fare by the fabulous Cooking With Caitlin, a professional chef and caterer — and mom of 2 — who puts together recipes with families in mind.
- A tiny blog called Chinese Soul Food that’ll end the mystery of all those sauces in the “ethnic” aisle of the grocery store, and turn them into ingredients you’ll use to whip up dinner in 20 minutes or less.
- A budget-oriented food site called $5 Dinners that watches your pocketbook like nobody’s business, and does it with food that looks and tastes like it costs a million bucks.
- A food blog called A Southern Fairy Tale that will transport you with amazing flavors and photos (and possibly have you planning your next vacation to the Gulf Coast before you know it).
- A whole new approach to cooking where you learn to cook A LOT on one big day, leaving you free to carry on your busy life and not have to cook for up to a whole month. This great idea — and recipes to help you do it — is all explained on Once a Month Mom.
Are there tons more good food sites out there on the internet? Of course! There are much bigger, more famous sites too, like Allrecipes, Epicurious, and Pioneer Woman. But we figured you already know about those.
Watch for new Cozi Family Faves regularly, where we’ll focus on a new theme each time — getting organized, living green — pretty much anything a busy Cozi family might need. We’ll try to surprise you each time, with blogs, sites and ideas you might not hear about anywhere else.
Got some faves of your own? Leave ’em here in the comments and we’ll be sure to check them out.