This crock pot pot roast is made easier with a bottled marinade and the entire meal can be prepared the night before. And only one pot to clean!
Family Favorite Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Yield: 8 servings
- 1 (3-3 1/2 pounds) beef rump or chuck roast
- 1 bottle Soy Vay Wasabiyaki Sauce (or marinade of choice)
- 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 4 potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1/4 cup water
- Puncture meat several times with a knife or fork.
- Season with salt and pepper and place in a large zippered storage bag.
- Pour 3/4 bottle of marinade into bag, rotate to evenly coat, and refrigerate overnight. (The vegetables can also be cut and refrigerated overnight.)
- In the morning, place vegetables in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Pour water over vegetables.
- Remove meat from storage bag and discard marinade.
- Place seasoned meat on top of vegetables, followed with the remaining marinade from bottle. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.