From the author:
"So easy! This is a once-a-week favorite in our home. Healthy, quick and YUMMY! My kids love it."
submitted by Elizabeth
An easy vegetarian dinner meal made with carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, onions and teriyaki sauce served over rice.
- 2-3 cups white rice
- 3-4 Tbsp canola oil
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced or diced
- 1 jar teriyaki sauce
- optional: 1 tomato, chopped
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet and saute onion until softened slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and saute another 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and saute another 2 minutes.
- Add tomato and saute another 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 - 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce to taste, stir to coat all vegetables and warm through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over hot rice.