From the author:
"This is a huge hit in my house, with my 6-year-old son and 3-year-old twin daughters requesting it often. I serve the pork on top of brown or white rice, usually with green beans. The juice and pineapple bits from the pan taste great on the rice."
submitted by Gina
A sweet take on pork chops that is quick and easy to prepare. Pork chops get baked with a glaze of soy sauce, ginger, pineapple and brown sugar. For thicker sauce, drain more of the pineapple juice before combining with other ingredients. You can also put the pork under the broiler briefly to make it crispier.
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1-1 ¼ lb pork chops
- 1/4 cup reduce-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, partially drained
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place pork in baking dish in a single layer.
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce with brown sugar, ginger, red pepper and pineapple.
- Pour over pork chops.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes, basting frequently.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.