Family Favorite Slow Cooker Pot Roast was a selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. Join the Dinner Club to get dinner ideas sent to your inbox.
recipe submitted by Karen Whitherall
This crock pot pot roast is made easier with a bottled marinade and the entire meal can be prepared the night before. And only one pot to clean!
- 1 (3-3 ½ lb) beef rump or chuck roast
- 1 bottle Soy Vay Wasabiyaki Sauce (or marinade of choice)
- 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 4 potatoes, cut into eighths
- ¼ cup water
- Puncture meat several times with a knife or fork.
- Season with salt and pepper and place in a large zippered storage bag.
- Pour 3/4 bottle of marinade into bag, rotate to evenly coat, and refrigerate overnight. (The vegetables can also be cut and refrigerated overnight.)
- In the morning, place vegetables in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Pour water over vegetables.
- Remove meat from storage bag and discard marinade.
- Place seasoned meat on top of vegetables, followed with the remaining marinade from bottle. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.