Easy Beef Goulash is a dinner recipe selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. Join the Dinner Club to get dinner ideas delivered to your inbox.
This version of goulash, made with hamburger and elbow macaroni, was a popular family dinner in the 1970s. Do you remember it? It's a crowd-pleaser and fits any frugal budget. Plan it for a night when you'll have big appetites at the table.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- Brown ground beef.
- Add onion and green pepper. Cook over medium heat until soft (10-15 min).
- Add garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to the beef mixture. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- While the beef mixture cooks, boil the macaroni al dente, drain.
- Add the macaroni to the beef mixture, stir well, and simmer another 20 minutes, covered.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.