Cozi is strongly committed to the privacy of all its users. We understand you value your family's privacy and we do too. We want you to always be confident that your Cozi experience is safe and secure. If you have any additional privacy or security questions after reading this information, please contact us.
What kind of information does Cozi collect from me and what does Cozi do with it?
Cozi collects five different types of information from you when you use the Cozi service, website or software.
- Personally Identifiable Information. Cozi is a personalized service and therefore we collect personally identifiable information from you. Personally identifiable information means any information that may be used to identify you, including, but not limited to, your name and email address. You provide us with this personally identifiable information voluntarily through optional submissions, such as registration forms and login pages. For example, to create an account with us and use Cozi, you are asked to submit some basic registration information including a valid email address and password. Also, you may choose to provide us with similar personally identifiable information about additional family members to enable others in your family to use your Cozi account. We use this personally identifiable information to identify each authorized user, provide and improve our services, customize your user experience, secure your account and prevent fraud. We also use your email address to communicate with you about Cozi's products and services, but you may choose to opt out of these mailings at any time.
WE DO NOT SHARE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES. The only exception is if you have specifically signed up to use a Partner Edition of our software or service (see below), if you have specifically signed up to use one of our Co-Branded Applications, or when we believe we are required to do so by law.
- Private Content. Private content includes your family's personal information that you voluntarily submit and Cozi collects to help you organize and manage your life and share with family. Private content includes calendar entries, shopping list items, family help, family journal entries, photos and other similar private information. Because you input private content into your own secured account, this private content is accessible only to you and other family members who have the password to your account. WE DO NOT SHARE PRIVATE CONTENT WITH ANY THIRD PARTY. The Cozi service includes relevant advertising and related links that may be based on the private content you have added to your account. We may provide third parties, such as advertisers, aggregated non-personally identifying information from your private content, so that they may deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Public Content. Public content includes any information you submit to Cozi outside of your secured account. For example, you may voluntarily provide information about yourself when you participate in Cozi sponsored public contests, message boards, blogs, or other community features that are accessible by general visitors and other users. This information is public content because people do not need a password to access or view this content on our site. This public content (including photographs and videos) that you choose to post outside of your secured account is not private.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Cozi collects non-personally identifiable information from you as you use the Cozi software and service. Similar to other web services, Cozi automatically records information based on your account activity and use of our site or services. We do this to improve our service, and to customize content and advertising. We may use third parties to help us analyze non-personally identifiable information we obtain from you and to help us serve advertisements on the site. Third parties may also use the non-personally identifiable information for their business purposes, such as to report aggregate, non-personally identifiable information about the use of their services and technologies in connection with the Services. To stop certain companies from analyzing your data, click here.
Cozi collects the following types of non-personally identifiable information, which we may share with third parties (or allow the third parties to collect the non-personally identifiable information directly) to help us operate the Cozi service or software, such as advertisers, ad serving vendors, and business partners.
- Aggregated Data. Cozi collects user information and content (including private content) in the aggregate as you use our site and services to analyze our overall user demographics and usage patterns. Aggregate data does not contain any personally identifiable information.
- Server Logs. Cozi collects information from our server logs. These logs may include information such as your Internet Protocol address, browser details, the date and time of your request and certain information about your usage of our site and service.
- Links. Cozi may track whether links to external Web sites are followed, and whether advertisements provided to you are clicked.
How does Cozi protect children's information?
Do you share my information with third parties?
It is our policy to not share any information collected by us that is personally identifiable to you with third parties, except when we believe we are required to do so by law or in connection with a Partner Edition (described above). We do share non-personally identifiable information with third parties as described above.
Will you transfer my information to a third party?
How do I access or correct my information collected by Cozi?
As a Cozi user, you will have the opportunity to review and modify your personally identifiable information and your private content any time you log onto your Cozi account using an email address and password listed on the account.
What if I live outside of the United States?
Cozi's site and services are hosted in the United States. If you are visiting our website from outside the United States, you are transferring your personal data into the United States when you use the Cozi service. Many regions, such as the European Union, have data collection protections that differ from U.S. law. If you are an European Union citizen, please see also the section entitled "BBB European Union Safe Harbor Program" for further information.
How does Cozi maintain security?
Cozi is strongly committed to protecting your information. Cozi uses several industry best standard methods of securing user information and data. Examples of our security measures include, where appropriate, firewalls and secure socket layers. We also maintain strict limits on who at Cozi can access the information databases that contain your information. Since there is no such thing as perfect security over the Internet, we cannot guarantee 100% security. However, in the unlikely case of a security breach on our databases, we will take immediate steps to resolve the problem swiftly and effectively.
What happens if I want to forward my Cozi information to a friend?
If you use one of the helpful Cozi features designed to allow you to voluntarily forward or share your information or content (including your private content) with family or friends outside of your secure account, we will forward or share access to such content from your account to your friend's email address as you provided it to us. Such email address may be stored by Cozi for your future use but will not be used by Cozi to initiate any emails. By sharing your content, you automatically limit Cozi's ability to keep your content private. We recommend that you do this only with trusted friends and family.
How do I contact Cozi?
Postal Mail Address:
506 2nd Avenue, Suite 800
Seattle, WA 98104-2328
Attention: Privacy Officer
BBB European Union Safe Harbor Program
Cozi complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. Cozi has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification page, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
In compliance with the Safe Harbor Principles, Cozi commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information.
506 2nd Avenue, Suite 800
Seattle, WA 98104-2328 USA
Attention: Privacy Officer
Cozi has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Cozi, you may contact the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR program at the address below:
Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.
BBB EU SAFE HARBOR
[Last Updated: 01/29/2014]