This meatloaf recipe uses ground beef and salsa and can be baked without using a loaf pan.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 60 minutes | Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef (lean is better)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1 egg
- 1 heaping teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping teaspoon pepper
- Ketchup for top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together by hand, making sure to work the egg and oats in well.
- Mold the mixture into a tightly-packed loaf. Flip and repeat a few times. Set the loaf in a pyrex dish (not a loaf pan), cover the top with as much ketchup as desired, and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour.