If your family likes Thai food, this is a winner for a quick week night meal, and the coconut and curry flavors are simply delicious.
Thanks to Lisa S. for sharing the recipe! She says it’s fast, easy, and you have just a few ingredients to buy.
Chicken Curry in a Hurry
Prep Time: 25 minutes | Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup uncooked rice*
- 2 cups green beans, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry spice (add more or less depending on your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (or 1 small can) coconut milk (shake it before using)
- *Lisa uses 2 cups of instant rice and cooks it with 2 cups of water, then adds the coconut milk and remaining ingredients.
- Begin cooking rice according to package directions.
- In another medium sauce pan, add about an inch of water and bring to a boil. Add green beans and boil lightly with the lid on for 4-5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in the same saucepan as the green beans were cooked (or use a new skillet). Add the chicken pieces and sprinkle curry spice and salt over chicken. Saute until chicken is cooked through, 5-8 minutes.
- Add the rice, green beans and coconut milk to the chicken. Heat, stirring, for one or two minutes until warmed throughout.