Kids and Family
Have you started planning your summer vacation yet? Now is a good time to think about what you'd like to do before it's too late to find accommodations or tickets for the places you'd really like to go!
Not to mention that pre-planning helps prevent (some of) the rushing around to get it all done during the couple days before any family trip.
Try using a vacation checklist as you plan and prepare. And most importantly, try not to stress about the "perfect" vacation but rather just make the most of the time you have with your family!
Vacation Planning Checklist
- DECIDE WHERE TO STAY
- List your top 3 choices with pros and cons of each
- Research package deals
- Find accommodations that meet your needs
- MAKE TRAVEL PLANS
- Create a budget
- Book accommodations
- Book airline tickets, reserve rental cars, etc
- Purchase tickets for any events or attractions
- TO DO BEFORE YOU GO
- Request time off work
- Arrange for a house or pet sitter
- Put a hold on mail/newspaper delivery
- Pay bills that will be due during your time away
- FOR THE CALENDAR
- Record your vacation dates
- Reschedule appointments and activities that conflict with your vacation
- Make a loose schedule of activities for the trip
- FOR THE SHOPPING LIST
- Supplies and gear for your destination
- Gift for your hosts if you're staying in someone's home
- Gifts for friends and neighbors who take of your house, lawn, or pets
See more shopping and to do lists in the Cozi List Library.