Back to School
School is coming! Get ready with this complete list of what to do, week by week.
Back to School To Do List
- THREE WEEKS BEFORE
- Get a family calendar the whole family can share
- Find out school orientation times and other school meetings
- Go through clothing closets and drawers
- Find out about back to school sales in your area
- Get the school supplies list from school or classroom teacher
- Create a family binder
- Think about an emergency plan and who to contact
- Make a plan about what to do with school papers and artwork (consider using limiting containers)
- TWO WEEKS BEFORE
- Go school shopping for supplies and clothes, if needed
- Make a plan for bed times and rising times
- Confirm child care arrangements
- Craft your routines and rules for morning, afterschool, and evening
- Think about a lunch-packing station in your kitchen
- Set up a homework area
- ONE WEEK BEFORE
- Talk to kids about school to allay any fears and concerns
- Make menu plan for the first two weeks
- Buy groceries
- Make a rotation menu for breakfasts
- Start practicing routines
- Agree on homework times and screen time rules for after school
- Get supplies that are missing
- Definitely adjust bedtimes and rising times
- Do a test drive to the new school
- Wash all clothes
- Practice bus stop, walking, etc.
- FIRST WEEK
- Real work begins!
- Organize student according to teacher's instructions
- Buy more supplies as they come up
- Put all information on calendar and in family binder
- Fill out forms and buy lunch tickets, etc.
- Make adjustments!
See more shopping and to do lists in the Cozi List Library.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.