Tuscan Soup was a dinner recipe selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. Join the Dinner Club to get dinner ideas delivered to your inbox, members-only giveaways and more.
Thanks to Dinner Club member Chrystal B. for sharing this comfort food. She says it's quick, easy and delicious, exactly what we're looking for in a great family dinner recipe!
Tuscan Soup is a simple mixture of Italian sausage, potatoes, evaporated milk and lots of spice. Add spinach or kale at the end for extra veggies.
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 12 oz evaporated or condensed milk (Do NOT use sweetened condensed milk.)
- 6-8 red potatoes, diced
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning (or a blend of dried basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, sage)
- Salt or garlic salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- optional: spinach or kale, chopped
- Cook the sausage in the same large stew pot you'll use to cook the soup, drain excess fat and return sausage to pot..
- Add the chicken broth and evaporated milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat so soup simmers. Add potatoes, onions, seasoning, salt and pepper.
- The soup is done when the potatoes are cooked through, about 20-30 minutes. If using spinach or kale, add during the last few minutes of cooking.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.