Tortellini Spinach Salad was a dinner recipe selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. Join the Dinner Club to get dinner ideas delivered to your inbox, members-only giveaways and more.
And this dish also happens to be one of our Mother's Day Recipes Easy Enough for the Kids to Make, so hand off dinner to the kids on Mother's Day! (There is some vegetable chopping to do, so be sure to help your kids with that step if they are too young to handle a kitchen knife safely.)
by Georgia Johnson from The Comfort of Cooking.
This colorful, flavorful salad is not only quick and easy but plenty healthy, too! Just toss some cooked cheese tortellini with fresh spinach and chopped zucchini, yellow squash, cucumber and red bell peppers for a delicious meal that Mom will love!
- 1 cucumber
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 9 ounces three-cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing, or more if desired
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, or more if desired
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 - 3 cups fresh spinach
- Chop the cucumber, zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- In a 4 quart pot of boiling salted water, cook the tortellini according to package instructions (usually 7-9 minutes). Remove pot from heat, strain tortellini and rinse with cold water. Add to a large bowl. Stir in chopped vegetables and Italian salad dressing. Season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover bowl and chill up to 1 day, or serve immediately over spinach.