Szechuan Beef Pasta was a dinner recipe selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. Join the Dinner Club to get dinner ideas delivered to your inbox and free tools to plan them.
This recipe comes to you from Kristy Bernardo of the wicked noodle, a blog with all types of recipes, from healthy gourmet to fast and easy. This is one of her family's faves and here is what she says about the dish:
"I love this because it’s fast and easy, tastes great but it’s something different to do with boring ol’ ground beef. It tends to be a bit sweet so you might want to start with a bit less hoisin sauce and increase to your taste, and the same goes for the crushed red pepper. I’ve made it with ground turkey, too, and both versions are very tasty."
Szechuan Beef Pasta is a quick and easy combination of kid-friendly pasta and flavorful Szechuan beef.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 ounces vermicelli, cooked
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles; drain and keep warm.
- Pour sesame oil in pan and heat until hot. Saute onion, garlic, ginger and red pepper in hot sesame oil until onions are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and beef broth, whisking until smooth. Stir broth mixture, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce into onion mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in ground beef.
- Toss the Szechuan beef with hot cooked pasta, and sprinkle with sliced green onions.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.