Spinach and Ricotta-Stuffed Shells is a dinner recipe selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. Join the Dinner Club to get dinner ideas delivered to your inbox and free tools to plan them.
This recipe was brought to you from Real Simple magazine's new cookbook, Dinner Tonight: Done! We thought the recipes in this cookbook were perfect for busy families who need to get dinner on the table every night. Enjoy!
Stuffed shells is a classic dish and crowd pleaser. Want to sneak an extra helping of green vegetables into this dish? Chop up cooked green beans, broccoli, or asparagus and fold it into the ricotta mixture along with the spinach.
- 20 jumbo pasta shells (about half a 12-ounce box)
- 1 24-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 2 15-ounce containers ricotta
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 ounces mozzarella, grated (1 cup)
- Green salad (optional)
- Set an oven rack to the highest position and heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook the shells according to the package directions; drain and run under cold water to cool.
- Spread the marinara sauce in the bottom of a large broilerproof baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spoon the mixture into the shells and place them on top of the sauce in the baking dish. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and bake until the shells are heated through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Increase heat to broil. Broil the shells until the mozzarella begins to brown, 2 to 5 minutes. Serve with the salad, if desired.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.