Quick Thai Chicken Soup was a dinner recipe selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. Join the Dinner Club to get dinner ideas delivered to your inbox, members-only giveaways and more.
This is a non-spicy Thai chicken soup made delicious with coconut milk, fresh veggies, and ginger.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 6-8 oz boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 15 oz chicken broth
- 15 oz coconut milk
- 4 baby bok choy heads, sliced diagonally
- Finely chop or grate the garlic and ginger. Heat vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic and saute for about one minute.
- Add the onion, pepper and carrot and saute one minute longer. Add the chicken and cook 5 minutes, turning, until browned.
- Add the chicken broth and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Add the baby bok choy and cook a few minutes until the bok choy is tender. Serve in soup bowls, or over rice.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.