Mini Bacon Vegetable Frittatas is one of our Hearty Homemade Meals for Father's Day.
by Georgia Johnson from The Comfort of Cooking.
Frittatas offer a great opportunity to get creative. You can use almost any vegetable, meat and cheese in them and they’ll turn out delicious every time! Try these with bacon, onion, tomato and zucchini for a truly tasty way to start Dad’s day, or change up the ingredients by adding baby spinach, chicken, cheddar or any ingredients you have on hand.
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites (or 3 additional whole eggs, if you prefer)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 slices bacon
- 1/8 cup small diced onion
- 1/4 cup small diced tomato, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup shredded or small diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely grated cheese (I used Asiago, but use any hard cheese you prefer)
- 4 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, beat together egg and egg whites/whole eggs. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Coat 6 cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a frying pan set to medium high heat, cook bacon for 4 minutes per side. Place strips on a paper towel lined cutting board. Let bacon cool then chop into small pieces.
- Divide chopped bacon, onion, tomato and zucchini between the muffin tins. Top each muffin cup with the beaten eggs.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and top frittatas with grated cheese and basil. Let cool for about 5 minutes before running a butter knife alongside each frittata to release it from the pan. Serve warm.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.