Khal Bi Short Ribs is the latest dinner recipe selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. Join the Dinner Club to get dinner ideas delivered to your inbox, members-only giveaways and more.
Thanks to Dinner Club member Velma H. for sharing the recipe! She says it's great for family dinner because you can broil or grill it in minutes.
This Khal Bi marinade makes delicious short ribs, but you can use it to marinate most any grilled beef, pork or chicken.
- 4 pounds short ribs (thin sliced with bone attached)
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar (white or brown)
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1" cube ginger, finely sliced or grated
- 3-4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons sesame oil
- black pepper, to taste
- Tenderize the meat just enough to break fibers and allow the marinade to penetrate into the meat.
- Combine marinade ingredients, cover meat, and allow to marinate for at least one hour and up to all day or overnight.
- Grill or broil the ribs 3-5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
- Serve on finely sliced lettuce, if desired.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.