This recipe is on of our list of five holiday food gift ideas.
by Georgia Johnson
Wholesome ingredients and fabulous flavors make this pancake mix a great gift for a party hostess, teacher or neighbor, and will help start the recipient's morning right!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- APPLE CIDER SYRUP:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (1-1/2 inches)
- Dash ground nutmeg
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS TO WRITE ON THE GIFT CARD:
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Blend thoroughly. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months. This mix makes approximately 3 servings (serving: 6 pancakes per 1 cup of mix).
- For Apple Cider Syrup: In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cider until smooth; add cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard cinnamon stick. Stir nutmeg into syrup. Pour into a bottle with a tight fitting lid and store in the refrigerator for up to two months.
- To prepare pancakes (directions to write on the gift card): In a small bowl, whisk egg, milk and vanilla. Whisk in 1 cup pancake mix. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased pan. Set to low heat. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Makes about 6 pancakes per batch.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.