Creamy Rice with Shrimp is a recipe selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. Join the Dinner Club to get dinner ideas delivered to your inbox, members-only giveaways and more.
Thanks to Dinner Club member Gretchen L. for sharing this kid-friendly take on seafood. She says it's easy to prepare and you can get stuff done while it cooks.
This recipe turns out like risotto, but without the time commitment! And it works with fresh or frozen shrimp or your favorite seafood blend.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons Better than Bouillon
- 1 lb shrimp or seafood blend
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the olive oil, onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add the rice and mix with the other ingredients for about 2 minutes. Add the white wine and stir for one minute.
- Add the water and Better than Bouillon and bring to a boil. Add the seafood (okay if it is still frozen) and mix. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Then add chopped tomato, butter, half and half, and Parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.