Creamy Chicken Enchiladas was a dinner recipe selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. Join the Dinner Club to get dinner ideas delivered to your inbox, members-only giveaways and more.
Thanks to Dinner Club member Jennifer E. for sharing one of her faves. She says it’s easy, it's healthy and her three boys (and husband) love it!
Baked enchiladas are pretty popular, but this one caught our eye because of the healthy ingredients: spinach, tomatoes and whole wheat tortillas. Creamy and delicious!
- 2 cups sour cream (can use reduced fat or fat free sour cream)
- 1 5 oz can evaporated milk (can use fat free)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese, or shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 15 oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can fire roasted green chilies
- 1 cup diced chicken (rotisserie chicken and leftover chicken works great)
- 10 whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine the sour cream, evaporated milk, taco seasoning and cheese. Reserve 2/3 of this mixture for topping enchiladas. Mix the remaining 1/3 of the sour cream/cheese mixture with all remaining ingredients except for the tortillas..
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Fill each tortilla with about 1/4 cup of filling, roll and place in pan (don’t bother folding ends).
- Once all tortillas are in the pan, completely cover the enchiladas with the reserved topping. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- You can make the enchiladas a day in advance. Bake about an extra 10 minutes to heat all the way through before serving..
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.