Chicken Caesar Salad with Home-Toasted Croutons was a dinner recipe selection in the Cozi Family Dinner Club, where we share family dinner recipes and then talk about how they went. Join the Dinner Club to get dinner ideas delivered to your inbox, members-only giveaways and more.
Thanks to Dinner Club member Zippora S. for sharing the recipe! She says it's easy, uses up leftover chicken, works as salad or pasta, and the kids eat it up (which is the #1 reason she makes it).
The classic Chicken Caesar Salad might just become a staple at your house. Whip up the quick homemade dressing and fresh toasted croutons and you've got a delicious main dish salad.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 head heart of romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- optional: penne pasta
- 3-4 slices of bread or buns
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large lemon
- 1/2 - 1 tin anchovies, chopped (depending on how much you like)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut up bread into 1" cubes. In a medium bowl add oil, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Spread on a cookie sheet and bake at 425 for 5-10 minutes until crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, squeeze juice of one lemon into a bowl and mix in anchovies, oil, Parmesan cheese and mayo.
- Place lettuce in a salad bowl and add chicken and croutons (and penne pasta if using). Toss with dressing and serve.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.