Cheesy Chicken Taquitos with Mexican Rice is one of our Mother's Day Recipes Easy Enough for the Kids to Make.
by Georgia Johnson from The Comfort of Cooking.
A creamy mixture of cooked chicken, spices and cheddar cheese wrapped in a tortilla makes for a mouthwatering meal that everyone will enjoy! Serve with fresh salsa and sour cream.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1-2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10-12 6-inch flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 5.4 ounce packet Knorr Mexican Rice
- Sour cream, optional
- Additional salsa, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.15-20
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients listed before tortillas. Mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave to soften, about 20-30 seconds. Place a tortilla on a work surface. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the filling mixture down the middle of the tortilla. Roll the tortilla up tightly around the filling. Place seam-side down on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling, spacing the assembled taquitos evenly on the baking sheet. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until crisp and golden brown. Meanwhile, prepare Mexican rice according to package instructions.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.