This recipe is from our list of simple yet beautiful Valentine's Day treats.
by Georgia Johnson from the The Comfort of Cooking.
With a couple handfuls of leftover Christmas candy canes, you can make these fabulously fun candy cane and white chocolate lollipops! Just make a heart shape with the candy canes, bake them for a short time to melt them together, and spoon a small amount of melted white chocolate into the center of each heart. Once they’re cool, wrap and tie them up with a pretty red ribbon for a lovely gift.
- 12 mini candy canes
- 6 (6-inch) paper lollipop sticks
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Red, white, and pink nonpareils or sugar sprinkles
- Heat the oven to 235° F. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, arrange the candy canes as hearts and bake them for 7 minutes.
- Slide the hearts, still on the parchment paper, onto a work surface. Quickly pinch each heart onto a lollipop stick.
- In the microwave, melt together the chocolate chips and the oil in 10-second intervals, stirring between heating.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the center of each heart, then top with nonpareils or sugar sprinkles. Cool the pops before serving or wrapping.
Join the Cozi Family Dinner Club today
Get family-approved dinner recipes each month and members only giveaways! Learn more.